Today is just one of those days. I've written four posts (this is the fifth) that I'm just not happy enough with to push that publish button. There is a lot of things going on, but I just can't find the right words to express exactly how I'm feelings. So, this list is my copout. Many of these would be better as tweets, but if I did that I wouldn't have a post today.
- My neighbor died last night. She was a lovely woman who was loved by many. She was the mother of five children and many grandchildren. She died with dignity a mere 40 minutes after saying goodbye to her grandchildren. She had been my neighbor for only two years. I wish I had the opportunity to know her better.
- Sunday is the big Ryan's Christening/Sophia's Birthday Bash. Most of our family has quite a distance to drive to get to our house, so we decided to combine the two events into one big party. Oddly, we are very prepared for this party and I can't really complain about it.
- My cousin is coming in from Texas for the big bash this weekend. I haven't seen her since Christmas and I'm really looking forward to her visit.
- Our 11-year-old dog threw up her dinner last night all over the carpet. It was gross. Thankfully it happened after the kids were in bed. She is getting very old and I'm wondering if this means she's getting sick.
- I have only two more working days left until my vacation starts. But they are Saturday night and Monday, which makes my vacation look that much more appealing. We aren't going anywhere, just staying at home for two weeks doing housework and maybe taking a few day trips. Of course, we'll probably be doing a lot of bike riding because the new date for my new bike to arrive is this Saturday.
- Today marks my 8 year anniversary working for this company. Banners, balloons, cake? Nope. Nothing. Jon says people don't stay at one company for that long any more. I'm still trying to figure out what that says about me.
- This weekend, I think, marks the end of the busy season for our family. From here on out our weekends are free, so if you have anything you'd like us to attend, we are available. I think.
- We've been dealing with some jealousy issues recently. Sophia and Ryan have been attached to my hip. Both want my undivided attention and if I'm giving it to one, the other freaks out.
But then there are times when the two of them are just as cute at can be. Of course, Sophia is playing Mommy, but seriously, could they be any cuter?