Friday, April 4, 2008

Sweet sleeper

Ryan has started taking a little cat nap in the morning after breakfast. It's helped by giving us all time to get dressed and ready for the day. This morning I went to his room to wake him so I could get Sophia off to daycare. Fridays are Mommy and Son Day because I have off from work, but Sophia still goes to daycare, so he only had to get up so I could take his sister to daycare. I felt even worse when I saw how at peace he was.


On to something new ...

I was tagged by Melinda Zook and I'm taking the challenge to share 7 Randmom Things About Me and the 4 Things. I was hesitant at first because it is a lot of information about me, but then I thought that I’m posting my kids all over the place and sharing all sorts of details about my family life that I might as well share a few details about who I really am.

7 Random Things About Me
1. I can easily waste and entire day not doing anything and that can get me in trouble.
2. There are nights I want to kill my cat. Seriously, I want to kill her. Usually it's at 3 a.m. when she's meowing so loud that she wakes me and I have to get up and feed her ... even though her food timer is right about to go off.
3. I have tattoos, I love them and will probably get more, but there are times when I wonder what it will be like to have them when I'm a grandmother.
4. I wish I could have had kids and not gain any weight.
5. I often wonder what I would do all day if I was a stay-at-home mom. Probably do volunteer work so I could get out of the house and not shop.
6. I love shoes. Seriously, I have an obsession and I’m passing it on to my daughter. See shopping comment in No. 5.
7. I finish putting on my makeup in the parking lot of daycare before I go to work.

The 4 Things
4 Jobs I’ve Had:
Newspaper editor
Photography assistant
Freelance photographer
Assistant summer camp director

4 Shows on my TiVo/DVR:
House
Scrubs
Project Runway
Ace of Cakes

4 Places I’ve Been:
England
Israel
Poland
Arizona

4 Favorite Foods:
Cheeseburgers
My brownies
Anything my husband makes
My mom’s lasagna

4 CD’s Recently Listened To:
Modest Mouse, Good New for People Who Love Bad News
Beastie Boys, Paul’s Boutique
Carbon/Silicon, Last Post
Lily Allen, Alright, Still

4 Things You Can Do to Make My Day:
Compliment me
Compliment my kids
Offer to babysit
Let me sleep in

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From this picture, it looks like you let Ryan sleep on his stomach. Is that just when he is napping or when you put him down for the night? Just curious because of all the warnings you hear about SIDS.

Diane said...

At nearly 7 months old, Ryan is a belly sleeper for naps and all night. He can roll over from back to belly and belly to back and reposititions himself all through the night. When he wakes in the morning or from naps he is usually in a completely different part of the crib and in a completely different position then how he was layed down, so at this point there is little I can do. He's going to sleep how he's comfortable. I told the doctor at his last check up and they said he will be fine.

NH Yocal said...

First of all, I wonder who the anonymous commenter is going about policing baby nap positions...I am sure YOU know what is safe for your child so what the heck is up with them?

Anyway, on to my point...thanks for doing this! I love it that you love scubs...that show rawks! It's too funny that you put your makeup on in the parking lot...I have tried doing it driving. Not. A. Good. Idea : )