Monday, June 23, 2008

This is so gross, but I have to share anyway

This morning, while Ryan was crawling on the floor in Sophia's room, Jon noticed Ryan was chewing on something. It's usually a carpet fiber, so when Jon reached into Ryan's mouth and pulled out a wasp, he completely freaked out.


How completely and totally gross is that? Bleh.


I'll pause to allow you time to regain control of your gag reflex.


The bigger problem now is that we had a wasp in the house. Oh my god, we had a wasp in the house!

I've seen these wasps before. The first time was right after Sophia was born, I was sitting in her room nursing her and a wasp flew across the room to the window right next to me. Having a baby stuck to me, I just stayed stilled and prayed it wouldn't notice us. When Sophia was finished her meal, I looked for the wasp in the curtains and couldn't find it. I have no idea where it went, but it was gone, and I was thankful for that. During the past year, I've seen a handful of these wasps making there way through our house. There's been about three in Sophia's room and maybe one or two in the rest of the house. Always alive. This is the first one we've seen this season, and it was dead. Or at least it was after Ryan was finished with it.

Eww. Gross.

We've looked for their nest and we can't find one. We've tried to figure out where they're coming in and we can't find any holes to the outside. We recently insulated the attic and there was no sign of a wasp nest.

But don't worry; we have Ryan to clean up their carcasses.

Eww! Gross!

I'm trying not to gag just thinking about it. Sorry, I had to share. It is definitely time to call in reinforcements to handle this.

5 comments:

lattemommy said...

Ewwwwwww!!!! Yikes. I'd call in the experts and have them look for a nest. Worth the expense. You don't want wasps in your house with small children. (although now they're probably totally afraid of your son!)

cartoongoddess said...

Um. Wasps are protein?

Good thing it was dead. That's scary.

Autumn's Mom said...

I'm totally freaked out for you. I imagine it was dead before it ended up in his mouth?? I'm so glad he didn't get stung. We had a wasp in our house a couple of weeks ago, and I was the one who had to come home and deal with it. One of our kids is allergic :( Luckily, I shoo'd him right out the slider.

McMommy said...

So because it was dead, it couldn't sting him, right? I'm not up to date on my wasp knowledge.

I am soooooo afraid of wasps!!

Sunshine said...

Gah! When we had the new windows put in last month we had a couple wasps nests under the shutters. Of course, a few came in but thankfully, the one I didn't get rid of right away committed suicide by the heat of the ceiling fan in my room.

DIE WASP BASTARD!!